7.18.2010

Creativity for Designers against AIDS: workshops for Kids hosted at the MQ

Commencing on July 19th "Fish and Chips Twice Please?!" will be hosting an array of features promoting AIDS/HIV awareness.
On the programme are craft workshops for kids in co-operation with JEF, live knitting circles, special DAA film screening and of course a much anticipated presentation.
The knitting and craft workshops offer kids and passers by the opportunity to contribute a square to add to a special patchwork we are creating to raise AIDS/HIV awareness which will be given to Designers Against AIDS (DAA) upon completion.

I am happy to announce that I participate tomorrow (Monday) during the workshop sessions with kids and will also create a PEBELLE square for the patchwork that will be donated to DAA.



DAA was founded in Belgium, and the internationally active project aims to reach young people through the media of fashion, celebrity, music and sport. Their initiative and work has been injected into worldwide media and has been featured in publications including; Vogue, i-D, ELLE, Cosmopolitan and Vanity Fair.
Previous contributors and collaborations include H&M, Rihanna, Gareth Pugh, Bernhard Willhelm, Katy Perry and Jeremy Scott

The DAA Homepage is worth visiting:

www.designersagainstaids.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Vienna, Austria
Call me a tie dye punk. I live my passion for manipulating textiles and my love for arts, music, pop culture, literature & fashion. It all comes together within my label.